- Substantially reduces pump starting and stopping surges
- Separate opening and closing speed controls
- Cost effective pump control system
- Optional internal mechanical drop check reduces power failure surge
- Installed directly downstream of pump discharge
- Smooth open and closing to reduce surges on start up and shut down
- Based on 106-PG and 206-PG main valves
- The valve shall be a Singer Valve model 106-PG-BPC / 206-PG-BPC, size “_____”, ANSI Class 150 (ANSI 300, ANSI flanges drilled to ISO PN 10 / 16/ 25 or 40) pressure rating / flange standard, globe (angle), style valve. Solenoid valve shall be three-way de-energized to close valve, with a 120VAC/ 60Hz (220 VAC/ 50 Hz or 240 VAC/ 60 Hz) solenoid coil. Assembly shall be according to Schematic A-7254C.
- The Booster Pump control valve will eliminate surges associated with the normal stopping and starting of booster pumps. On pump start-up, a pilot solenoid is energized to begin opening the valve, at a rate governed by the opening speed control. Opening and closing speeds are adjusted independently.
- When the solenoid is de-energized, the valve slowly closes while the pump continues to run. When the valve is almost fully closed and flow is virtually zero, a stem-mounted cam triggers the limit switch to stop the pump.
- Refer to Main Valve section, page 11, 106-PG (or 206-PG) for detailed information pertaining to valve sizes and materials, selection criteria and specifications.
- Refer to Pilot and Accessories section, page 249, Micrometer Flow Control Valves for detailed information pertaining to materials and specifications. Solenoid specification information is available from Singer Valve only at this time.
Download the 106 / 206-PG-BPC Product Guide.
Download the 106 / 206-PG-BPC Operations Guide.
Singer Operation, Troubleshooting Charts, Lifting Instructions
Singer Interactive Valves in Action Learning App