- Prevents pump starting and stopping surges
- No energy loss while pump is running
- Separate opening and closing speed controls
- Discharges initial air/water silt to waste, on well applications.
- Discharges stagnant water at start-up from dormant wells
- Installed in a tee between pump discharge and check valve
- Smooth open and closing to reduce surges on start up and shut down
- The valve shall be a Singer Valve model 106-DW / 206-DW, size “_____”, ANSI Class 150 (ANSI 300, ANSI flanges drilled to ISO PN 10 / 16/ 25 or 40) pressure rating / flange standard, globe (angle), style valve. Solenoid Valve shall be four-way de-energized to open valve, with a 120 VAC / 60 Hz (220 VAC / 50 Hz or 240 VAC / 60 Hz) solenoid coil. Assembly shall be according to Schematic A-7514C.
- The valve shall be normally open. On pump start-up, a pilot solenoid is energized to close the valve, at a rate governed by the closing speed control. Separate flow control valves and a double chamber design will allow opening and closing speeds to be adjusted independently. When the solenoid is de-energized the valve slowly opens while the pump continues to run. When the valve is almost fully open and all flow has been diverted as a result of the pipeline check valve closing, a stem-mounted cam triggers the limit switch to stop the pump.
- Refer to Main Valve section, page 11, 106-PT (or 206-PT) for detailed information pertaining to valve sizes and materials, selection criteria and specifications.
- Refer to Pilot and Accessories section, page 249, Micrometer Flow Control Valves for detailed information pertaining to materials and specifications.
- Solenoid specification information is available from Singer Valve only at this time.
Download the 106 / 206-DW Product Guide.
Download the 106 / 206-DW Operations Guide.
Singer Operation, Troubleshooting Charts, Lifting Instructions
Singer Interactive Valves in Action Learning App