- Protects against power failure surges or pressure waves caused by velocity changes
- Quick opening relief to avoid severe water hammer
- Easily adjustable pressure setting
- No electrical services required
- Based on 106-PG and 206-PG main valves
- Mounted in a tee downstream from pump check valve(s).
- Comprised of 2 pilots to sense high and low pressures and open the valve to relieve excess pressure.
- The valve shall be a Singer Valve model 106-RPS-L&H / 206-RPS-L&H, size “_____”, ANSI Class 150 (ANSI 300, ANSI flanges drilled to ISO PN 10 / 16/ 25 or 40) pressure rating / flange standard, globe (angle), style valve. The Model 81-RP Pressure Relief Pilot (Normally Closed Pilot) spring range shall be “___ to ___” psi / bar, with set-point preset at Singer Valve to “___” psi / bar. The Model 82-PR Low Surge Pilot spring range shall be “___ to ___” psi / bar, with set-point preset at Singer Valve to “___” psi / bar. Assembly shall be according to Schematic A-0400C, 6 in / 150 mm and smaller (A-0401C, 8 in / 200 mm and larger).
- The valve is closed when line pressure is between the set-points of the two pilots. The valve opens initially when line pressure drops below the setting of the low-pressure pilot to anticipate surges associated with a pump stopping. The valve will also continue to react and remain open when the return high-pressure wave is above the setting of the high-pressure pilot or will open when inlet pressure exceeds a pre-determined set-point at which time the valve opens quickly.
- Refer to Main Valve section, see page 11, 106-PG (or 206-PG) for detailed information pertaining to valve sizes and materials, selection criteria and specifications.
- Refer to Pilot and Accessories section, see page 249, Model 81-RP Pressure Relief (Normally Closed Pilot) for detailed information pertaining to materials and specifications. Model 82-PR Low Surge Pressure Pilot specification information is available from Singer Valve only at this time.
Download the 106 / 206-RPS-L&H Product Guide.
Download the 106 / 206-RPS-L&H Operations Guide.
Singer Operation, Troubleshooting Charts, Lifting Instructions
Singer Interactive Valves in Action Learning App