- Protects against power failure surges or pressure waves caused by velocity changes
- Unaffected by header pressure and over sizing
- Quick opening relief
- Easily adjustable pressure setting
- No electrical services required - Installed downstream from pump
- Based on 106-PG and 206-PG main valves
- Comprised of 2 pilots 81-RP and 81-RPD to relieve excess pressure and anticipate high pressure by responding to the pressure differential.
- The valve shall be a Singer Valve model 106-RPS-RR / 206-RPS-RR, size “_____”, ANSI Class 150 (ANSI 300, ANSI flanges drilled to ISO PN 10 / 16/ 25 or 40) pressure rating / flange standard, globe (angle), style valve. The Model 81-RP Pressure Relief Pilot (Normally Closed Pilot) spring range shall be “___ to ___” psi / bar, with set-point preset at Singer Valve to “___” psi / bar.
- Assembly shall be according to Schematic A-7340F, 2 in / 50 mm to 6 in / 150 mm 106, and 3 in / 75 mm to 8 in / 200 mm 206 (for A-7340F1 [not shown], 8 in / 200 mm and larger 106). The valve will open rapidly on an over-pressure caused by sudden pump stoppage due to power failure or other means, and other causes of surges in the pipeline.
- The valve will also anticipate a surge by sensing a rapid increase in pressure as the surge wave returns and opens fully with no stroke limiters on the valve opening.
- The valve will begin slowly closing when the system pressure falls below the high pressure set-point of the valve piloting until it fully closes regardless of static pressure in the pipeline.
- Refer to Main Valve section, see page 11, 106-PG (or 206-PG) for detailed information pertaining to valve sizes and materials, selection criteria and specifications.
- Refer to Pilot and Accessories section, see page 249, Model 81 Pressure Relief Pilot (Normally Closed Pilot) and Model 81-RPD Differential Pressure Pilot for detailed information pertaining to materials and specifications.
Download the 106 / 206-RPS-RR Product Guide.
Download the 106 / 206-RPS-RR Operations Guide.
Singer Operation, Troubleshooting Charts, Lifting Instructions
Singer Interactive Valves in Action Learning App